Thread: PW2 Paperwhite 2nd Gen
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Glo HD, Mini, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm not going to get one in the near future.

Concerning development for the PW2: Of course, this remains to be seen, but judging from their behavior in the past, Amazon will again have tried to lock down the PW2 as much as they can. Unless one of the previous firmwares can be installed on it (which I doubt), or one of the previous jailbreak vectors works on it (which I doubt even more), the first and most difficult task to start with will be to find a jailbreak for that thing. Which may well take a long time. Before that is done, there won't be any development for it.
Well I knew there was a good reason not to get the PW2. The best reason to use the PW1 is with Koreader + epubs.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote