View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
knc1
On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm not going to get one in the near future.

Concerning development for the PW2: Of course, this remains to be seen, but judging from their behavior in the past, Amazon will again have tried to lock down the PW2 as much as they can. Unless one of the previous firmwares can be installed on it (which I doubt), or one of the previous jailbreak vectors works on it (which I doubt even more), the first and most difficult task to start with will be to find a jailbreak for that thing. Which may well take a long time. Before that is done, there won't be any development for it.
I have been wondering if the recent "de-brick" problems are signs of progressive engineering changes being introduced on the way towards the PW2.

Often with a mass produced product, things which require manufacturing changes (such as board changes) will be introduced over time.

It just isn't practical to shut down 100% a "model 1" production and start a "model 2" production at a single point in time.
The logistics chain supporting the manufacturing process is too long.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote