Thread: Troubleshooting Paperwhite Battery Meter Error
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
No signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just charge the Kindle when it tells you to. All Kindles have a please charge message that pop ups when you're reading, do not wait for it to turn off on you and give the battery is dead message.

I charge my eInk Kindle when it tells me to. I charge the Kindle Fire around 15% to 25% percent. It's really hard to get the Fire down to 15%. I get 10 to 12 hours of battery life on my KF, 1 month and 1/2 on the K3 and two weeks on the K4s.
The Paperwhite issued no similar signal for both of my cycles. That is different in that way from the Kindle Kbd WiFi and the Fire.

Its possible that the last screen showing a large discharged battery and a wire to be connected to a current was the signal. If that is the situation, then it never really discharges completely. It just shows that screen at 15% and it won't let one use it until a charge is done.

By the way, my GSam Battery Monitor shows I am only getting about 5 hours and 15 minutes for my Fire until the 15% warning. Of course, I leave WiFi on all the time. You may be getting double my time by leaving WiFi off.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-21-2012 at 03:59 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote