View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #15
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gerard View Post
I usually work on three or four projects at one time. This summer I got quite a bit done, but paid for it with burn-out. I admire anyone who can manage that many stories at once.

I have this quirky thought about my characters. Whenever I stop writing the story, they also stop, like they're in freeze-frame or something. They can't continue with their lives until I start typing again. That gives me the incentive to keep the stories going.

I know, I'm wEiRd......
GAH! I can't stand to think like that! I'd have about 20 characters stuck in stasis, glaring resentfully at me...

In my case, I'm not sure it's so much 'managing' them as finding inspiration for them. My brain seems to spark off at random tangents half the time, and if it's not sparking on a certain storyline, that's just life, go on to the current 'spark' until we light upon a previous storyline
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote