View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy!
It is said that when writing came into use in India 2000+ years ago, the general populace, especially the religious clergy folks depended on 'texts' committed to memory rather than depend on the 'new technology' of writing on leaves.

I can almost imagine a similar discussion going on back then ...

Religious Clergy1: Hey, the latest Leave Reader is really cool, it's thinner than the bamboo strips from China!
RC2: Right ... so how much does it cost?

RC1: around $349 masaka (a monetary unit in those days) ... $299MSK after a $50MSK mail-in rebate!
RC2: Ouch! That's plenty! How long are these Leave Readers gonna last? Heard they tear quite easily compared to bamboo! If it's only gonna last for 3~5 years, I'm sticking to bamboo or my memory!
RC1: hmmm ...
Good one I almost p...d myself there!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote