View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, I thought you could connect the iLiad to a USB port directly if you wanted, but that the Hub was needed for charging. (shrug) The Sony comes with a cradle, but I don't know if that makes a difference for what we're talking about. I don't remember off-hand if the iLiad can charge straight from the USB connection. I know the Sony will, that might be more evidence for your logic chain.

On the other hand, I don't see any inherent problem with the port both taking and giving power, the circuitry just has to be designed to handle it, not a big challenge, necessarily. Of course that doesn't get us anywhere....

Of course, there is still the power in the Memory Stick and SD card slots (it has to be there or the cards don't work), if we can just reach it, and if it's always available.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote