View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #77
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I don't like the genre threads -- I find individual threads more useful as I can mark them and be able to tell whether or not I have checked a deal before. However, I *really* don't like having so many stickied threads in the the deals forum.

The monthly threads did not bother me before, since ones with no new posts would not be at the top of the forum, but now they are always there all of the time whether they have new posts or not. I think that a prefix would be more useful so that they could be sorted out for people that want them. Is that not an option?
Trying to enforce thread naming conventions seems like it would be a lot of work for the mods.

The problem started when ATDrake started posting all kinds of random deals and the monthly genre threads got drowned and people had trouble finding them. The stickies seem like a good 90% solution to me. The prefix idea wouldn't actually solve the problem of people not being able to find the threads - they'd have to know how to sort, and know that sorting would bring the genre threads up. It would make the discoverability worse.

Last edited by Rbneader; 09-03-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote