View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #141
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No renaming does not help. You need to change the metadata. Check out Type Light, that is the freeware version of Type 3.2 font editor with some restrictions - but it is free for personal use. Open font, go to font -> rename font and it takes care of everything, then save and throw on PW. Works great, just tested.
Just tried this out and it does work nicely!

I've been getting some private questions. So I will post a answer to them here.

In order to get all four: Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic to work together they must have the same family name. The program above is free and works great for doing that. Look at the bolded words in the quote above on how to rename the metadata of a font. Just change the Family Name of each font in the set to match each other.

If the font still does not work then check that the classification is correct.
In the renaming box where you changed the Family Name. The Sub Family Name must match what the font classification is. Regular, Italic, Bold & Bold Italic. So say you want to use a Bold font as a Regular font you would change the Sub Family Name from Bold to Regular.

I hope this helps some.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-17-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote