View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #161
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And if you had tried to rm /var/local/something_new after setting the 'i' (immutable) attribute you would have gotten a "permission denied" - even as 'root'.
Works for directories also, but I don't know what would happen if the start-up script got a "permission denied" error code.
I didn't see much error checking in that lab126 script you posted.
[root@[192_168_15_244] /dev]# rm /var/local/something_new
rm: remove '/var/local/something_new'? y
rm: can't remove '/var/local/something_new': Operation not permitted

heh. classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Isn't it (chattr) was explored in purposes of securing /usr/local at diags partition? I'm just confused with example of setting attrubute on /var/local...
just a "for example".
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote