View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
DaddyO57
DaddyO57 began at the beginning.

Device: ZiiO 10"
I have a Creative ZiiO 7" tablet that I synced with my desktop running Linux Mint 12 using Firefox as my browser. Initially I had no problem accessing the Calibre server.

I then upgraded to calibre 0.8.8 and tried to sync a 2nd tablet, Creative ZiiO 10" and was unable to do so. I receive this error message

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/utils.py", line 51, in do
ans = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/content.py", line 144, in index
return self.browse_catalog()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 205, in do
ans = func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 565, in browse_catalog
ans = self.browse_toplevel()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 392, in browse_toplevel
return self.browse_template('name').format(title='',
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 277, in browse_template
ans = ans.replace('{prefix}', self.opts.url_prefix)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

When I type in the local IP address at the browser, I get the reply that firefox cannot establish a connection to the server at that address.

Removed the firewall software, have tried port 8787 instead of 8080. Deleted and reinstalled Calibre.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!
DaddyO57 is offline   Reply With Quote