View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I do not mind that Apple adds features to an open standard, but in my mind that leaves them with two options.
1. fork the standard and call it differently
2. apply for the changes to be incorporated in the official standard.

The main problem will be, that when someone buys an epub, they expect it to run on their reader which supports epub. Which won't do, because it isn't an epub. People will blame their reader instead of Apple.
If they go for route 2, they should withhold their adaptions untill it is approved.

However, Apple will not do both, since they are not interested in open standards. They say it is for the users, but it is actually just to make more money to keep everything closed.

I don't have a problem with the added features, I have a problem with the policy Apple follows...

Apple will not create an Android version. For them there is only one platform, IOS.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote