View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Fred Zackel
Connoisseur
Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
(An excerpt.)

Joey got up-close and in his face. "What do you want done?"

"Flea told you, didn't he?" Corky wanted to turn away or step back, but the other man wouldn’t let him.

Joey made an expansive gesture. "I need to hear you say it."

"I'll pay ten thousand dollars to have my wife killed," Corky said.

"You do know murdering your wife is illegal."

Corky blinked, surprised Joey would even consider bringing up the obvious.

"Murder for Hire. That usually starts with a jail sentence of twenty-five years to life. With good behavior, you'd get out in seventeen years."

"Why all this shit?"

They turned their backs on the bright sun.

"I want you to know what you're getting into. Going through with this, your life will never be the same ever again."

Corky was impatient. "I know that."

"And I want you to know how my people feel about this offer of yours. At the least, we're very suspicious."

"Ten grand if you can do it."

"Don't quote prices to me. I'm just the estimator."

"I figured the price would be a straight-forward --”

Joey was grinning, a gambler with a superior hand. "Oh, no, Mister Corky Collins. Whacking somebody you love is a serious thing. It's got to mean something to you." He poked Corky's chest with a stiff finger. "Just so you can appreciate what we're doing for you." He poked him harder. "And you will pay whatever the price is."

Click
here to link with
Kindle

Fred Zackel

author of ...
COCAINE & BLUE EYES
CINDERELLA AFTER MIDNIGHT
CREEPIER THAN A WHOREHOUSE KISS
A DEATH IN KEY LARGO
TOUGH TOWN COLD CITY
&
MURDER IN WAIKIKI