View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom123dom View Post
Is it this one you are thinking of?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=269099

I've installed ubuntu in virtualbox instead of usb key, I think that might be easier for me having write access and being able to install apps etc. I have the USB key as backup as well in case.
That is it.
The thread has a lot of noise posted to it, which can be ignored, but among all of the noise, all of the info is there (discovered as we needed it).
All of the attached terminal interaction log files can also help staying grounded in what was being done.

It would be nice if someone was to extract the information from the noise (maybe to a wiki page here) but that has never happened.

The procedure(s) described are the same for all devices running firmware series 5.x (original KT or newer) EXCEPT for the KOA2 and the PW4 (which have the "Androidized" file system layout without the dual boot feature).

Yeah, right, the most expensive devices are (currently) the least maintainable. Way to go Jeff Bezos.
(yup, i know his office is subscribed to my posts, we have a one way communications link here.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote