View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
PrinceNothing
PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Somethingorother
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Twobob is correct. The screenshot shows a filename WITHOUT the "_ssh"] in the folder, which does not match the filename on his fastboot command line. That explains the error message. Also, it helps a LOT if you configure Windows to NOT hide file extensions.
Unhiding file extensions certainly helped. I flew through a good chunk of the instructions after that was cleared up. I got stuck again but I think I just figured it out. I'm almost there!

Update: I finished up. I now have a fully functioning Kindle. Thank you all so much for your help! This is a very kind community.

Last edited by PrinceNothing; 12-10-2012 at 03:59 PM.
PrinceNothing is offline   Reply With Quote