Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #275
Wyrlin
Wyrlin began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Problem with the New 2.2 Firmware for EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
[URL="http://db.tt/2JJ19lV"]
Added 10 inch Edge test 1.01.01 Ermine here.
Usual disclaimer: we are not responsible for anything which might happen to your device.
Update via Rotate+Menu on boot, rename to update.zip and copy to sdcard. Should keep your existing settings, and you should be able to revert to stock if things are going wrong.
What does work:
1. All Standard Stock functionality
2. Reported safe. Does not break E-INK apps
3. Can Revert Safely to Stock
4. Nobody borked the device yet by using this rom.
5. Google Apps (except Market, yet), log in youtube app with your user name and password and the google account will be added to accounts.
I'm curious if anyone has figured out how to revert this new firmware back to 1.6? I've tried multiple variations and most of the time I get the updating screen, but only for 5 to 10 seconds. Then it just loads up this new firmware again. I've tried 3 different "golden" update files, the normal 2.2 firmware update, and I've even tried using this new firmware update again just to see what I could get. I saw a posting where someone said to do the "golden" update twice, so I've tried that 4 times. Still no luck. If someone could help me that would be great. I just want to get my EE back to 1.6.

Last edited by Wyrlin; 12-13-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Forgot the quote.
Wyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote