View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabour View Post
Thank you for your reply. Finally got things up and running - used a different image writer. But I have gone back to the stock Nook b/c with the CM7 I lost wifi connection. And I have fiddled away two days trying this and trying that and now I have to let my nookfriend go back to regular paperweight status until I have time to deal with it. It's a hobby and a curse, I think!
I did mine under linux(Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64) and dd. I used the CM7.1RC image that was probably Saturday night's build as I did this in the early afternoon Sunday.

WiFi's working with that build just as well as it does for me under stock. i.e. it's SLOW but gets as good signal as it does under stock...

Took about 15m to do the whole flash/setup/gapps process but d/ling all my market & Amazon apps took a while... The whole reason that I did it was I wanted my apps, and I wasn't the least bit interested in the B&N store(plus it's missing 99.999% of them), so if I didn't get something worthwhile running on mine I was just going to put it up on the auction block as I really don't need it as a slightly more than an LCD reader device...

The trouble with the B&N store is that it's entirely pointlessly useless to me considering that I've got a phone and other Android devices so anything bought from the B&N store is stuck on the NC and conversely ALL of the other stuff that I use/bought can't be installed to the NC w/o a custom fw or rooting and adding gapps. B&N should've been smart like Amazon and also provided a downloadable Android app for store access thereby eliminating my problem with it as it currently operates.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote