View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
jhkaplan
jhkaplan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thinking of switching to K3 from Nook. Calibre & Whispersync Question before I buy...

Hi all,

I'm new to the ereader world and I just found MR.com. This place is great and I've learned so much browsing the threads. I just registered here to post these few questions.

I recently bought a Nook off of Craigslist and I love it. It's my first ereader, and it honestly makes reading so much more fun for me! In the year prior to the Nook, I might have read 1-2 books. Since I've bought the Nook, I've read 3 books. It's definitely addicting. Addicting to the point where I'm thinking of getting the K3 and selling my Nook.

The biggest complaint I have about the Nook is the lack of sync between my Nook and my iPhone. Definitely getting the Kindle w/ whispersync would fix this, as far as I've been able to tell. But it costs extra to use Whispersync to sync the Kindle and iPhone, right? I've never been to clear on the charges (I'm in the US and would be using Wifi only, no 3g). Can anyone answer that for me?

Also, I have a few ePUB books in my library that are DRM free that I'd like to read on the K3. I have Calibre and tested loading them onto my coworker's K2, and it worked flawlessly. However, does anyone know if you can use Whispersync to sync my K3 and Iphone for books loaded through Calibre and not purchased from Amazon?

Thank you for your replies and help! Sorry if the questions above have been answered a milllion times. I've searched as much as I could!

Thanks!
jhkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote