Thread: Blockquote Tab
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #7
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
You can create your own "tabs" using the Clip Editor (Ctrl+Alt+C). When you display the Clip Bar (Right Click in menu area) you can see all the special commands you've created.

//snip!//

Cheers,

edit:
Okay, brace yourself(-ves) for a N00B question. All right, ready?

First off, Turtle, I also copied your code, and it solved a number of problems I had encountered. So thanks for sharing it.

But I like to know "why?". So I went out there to investigate, and every reference I could find states that the <blockquote> tag is specifically designed to...well, quote blocks of text. Being a curious sort, I did a little S&R on the epub containing your code, replacing "blockquote" with "div". And I couldn't see any difference in what it was doing--at least within Sigil.

So, I have to ask--is there any advantage to using one over the other? --not criticizing, just really want to know. Thanks in advance!
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote