View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
The maximum Files for the root directory in FAT(32) is 510 (512 - . and ..)
In FAT32, there is no maximum: the root directory is allocated in pretty much the same way as any other directory (and the root directory does not contain ".." or, I think, "."). In FAT16, the maximum depends on how many sectors were allocated to the root directory at format time. 512 may be the default for Windows formatting software, but other values are possible. I do know all this: I've implemented code for directly extracting data from FAT16/32.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote