View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Karen, I stopped by your Books on the Knob--looks like a very interesting review resource! Now I need to visit your gardening site. I'm an avid gardener, despite the Texas heat that sucked all the life from my garden this year. I've already started my fall garden and, as always, I've got big hopes. The tomatoes are always bigger in my imagination...
This year, the weeds are winning. It hasn't helped to be one of the wettest years on record (ok, already, sure we need the rain -- but ENOUGH!). Often it's too wet to get into the garden for days on end (which the rabbits appreciate, greatly, as the tomatoes are still growing). The blog has been somewhat neglected as well, although I've taken some pics, I haven't uploaded them to the site.

I have also read on the iphone, but have noticed eyestrain on it (same as when using the computer or playing on the WII for too many hours a day .... hey, does watering my flowers in Animal Crossing count as gardening?). It is, however, no worse than using the PC (smaller, lighter, not as good battery time as my netbook, neither work outdoors), even with the smaller screen. I prefer the iphone (or my windows phone) greatly for RSS feeds and light surfing, compared to using the Kindle (the windows phone has many of the same limitations in the IE browser, but I use a 3rd party browser to get a desktop equivalent display ... just in very, very small size). The biggest problem I have with the iphone is AT&T exclusivity - which is why it is treated like the Touch instead and not used as a phone.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote