Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Still locked out of the Candy Store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch44 View Post
Poohbear-- I can't test because I don't have a kindle yet. Maybe memobug can confirm sugarsync + MOBI/ AZW/ TXT etc.

As for PDF, here's the response from Amazon:
At least your agent understood the issue. Mine denied there was any facility for downloads at all, which isn't true, because the manual does say it supports MOBI, TXT, Amazon Format...

Quote:
Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Per your email, please note that, you'll be presented with a list of bookmarked web pages when you use the basic web feature from which you can select then from your Kindle.

Please understand that, the bookmarked web pages are only for your reference and not for downloading the content. I apologize for this inconvenience.

You can read content you buy from the Kindle Store (such as books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs) on any Kindle device registered to your Amazon.com account. Devices include the Kindle (1st Generation), Kindle, Kindle DX, and Kindle for iPhone (though newspapers and magazines are unavailable for the Kindle for iPhone).

At this point of time, we don't have the feature of built in internet browser for downloading PDF's.

It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects. Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us.

I really appreciate your thoughts and I will be sure to forward your comments to the Kindle team regarding the built in internet browser to download PDF's for consideration. As always, please feel free to contact us should you have future suggestions, questions or comments.

Thank you for making Kindle a success by owning and using it. We'll honor your commitment by continuing to provide the quality product availability and support you expect for your Kindle.

For more information, please consult the User's Guide for your Kindle. You can download a copy and find additional instructions on our Help pages here:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

I hope this helps. If you still have any concerns or need further assistance, please contact customer support at 1-866-321-8851. You can also reach us via phone or e-mail through our Help pages here:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

Thanks for choosing Kindle!

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote