View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 12:49 AM   #17
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
If there were marriage counselors around then, think of how few books would have been written.

Like others, I first read this so far back in my past, it's all new to me. Except, of course, that it's such a part of our cultural heritage and common understanding that we see it popping up everywhere. For example, consider The Saint. (Which books, I might add, are aging rather better than the Pimpernel. But then, they are a good deal more modern. ) I did enjoy this, however, even when I found it a bit clunky in places. I mostly listened to it, though I did read some parts when I had the time. The narration by Wanda McCaddon was superb, I thought.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote