View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 12:24 AM   #2336
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Murder Must Advertise and Gaudy Night are my two favorite Sayers and I know I'm not alone in that. I've never liked Nine Tailors as much as some do; in fact, it's a bottom dweller for me, ahead only of Five Red Herrings.

I've started the third Flashman book, Flash for Freedom!, read by Frederick Davidson. The Flashman books are terrific fun. In fact, the credit on this is for David Case, but he's always Frederick Davidson to me. This is the 14th book read by him I've listened to this year!
Five Red Herrings is my least favourite (well, except for Whose Body? which wasn't really fair, since it was the first.) I'm so-so about The Nine Taylors -- it is, in part, reprieved by learning all about carillon and bell pulling. Murder Must Advertise and Gaudy Night are my two favourites as well, though I'm fairly partial to the last of these, Busman's Honeymoon. (I know, not a popular opinion, but there it is. )

On Flashman, I'm sorry, not even David Case / Frederick Davidson is enough to rescue it for me. I tried, I really did, in no small part because you like them, and also because of David Case.

I've ended up starting to read / listen to In Pieces, Sally Field's memoir. (And read by her.) Still too early to have an opinion, but I'm hopeful. However, for the pool I'll need something different, since I haven't found a decent app for listening to M4Bs on the Delphin yet, and this is a library book.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote