View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #2333
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I figure if I'm in a rage already, I might as well go with it. My plan is to follow up with a new title, Christine Dalcher's Vox , in which women are allowed to speak only 100 words a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Doesn't it just? I'm afraid I bailed on it. I find I need more escapist fiction these days.

Therefore, currently listening to Elizabeth Moon's The Oath of Gold, narrated by Jennifer Van Dyke. Highly enjoyable.
I need to keep my rage under control, which is difficult these days. Finished The Oath of Gold, which had some tough moments in it, but was overall quite satisfying. OK, the ending is a bit hokey, but then she thought she was done with Paks! Nope, 20 years later, she returns to Paksenarrion and Lyonya with a whole new series/cycle based on Paks as a Paladin. The first is Oath of Fealty, and I'll be listening to it eventually, but for now I need a break from Paks and her troubles, and I'm going to try listening to the current New Leaf Book Club selection, The House on the Strand, by Daphne du Maurier, and narrated by Ron Keith if I can get it from the Library. Otherwise, not sure. I've got several loaded, just a matter of deciding which one...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote