View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #10
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@DiapDealer --

Quote:
In the spirit of getting some more Editor Plugin action happening, I'm attaching a plugin that has three different tools. All three can be set to run on the currently opened file or to run book-wide.
Sounds good. I spend way too much time just cleaning (mostly PD) epubs of unwanted and overly complex formatting just to make it readable. Usually due to being Calibre converted multiple times and to/from various formats (I think the record was 5 TOC XHTML files in one book)

Q1 - can you point me to a link as to how to install the PI in Win7 64 bit please?

When I'm trying to clean up the formatting in a book, I usually try to consolidate a lot of 'embedded in the text' formatting into a style sheet, as well as simplify. I don't really care (and who cares what the Kindle thinks) if some paragraphs have 1.25 line after and others have 1.26 line after.

This will leave me with a lot

Code:
of <span>blah blah</span> more blah blah <span>blah blah</span>
Q2 - sounds like your PI will strip the non-value add tags?

Q3 - could there be an option to remove some tag pairs separated by one (number could be settable?) character.

Code:
<p><b>I</b>n the beginning ..... </p>
Things like that might look ok in print, but IMHO it clutters the book

Q4 - Maybe and option to remove unused ID=" ..." ?