Thread: Tablet upgrade tablet to HD?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
32gb for $299 nook hd + I feel is better for me personally considering very good resolution and form factor I like. Tried the new ipad, too much money and while it isn't big or heavy, I like the nook better.
Well, like I said I also went for the HD+, having already ruled out everything smaller and everything $100+ more expensive. The ebook experience on my Nook Color was just fine (though I never ran it stock--CyanogenMod was on there within three days), but I wanted something closer to "actual size" for comic books and magazines without dropping a lot of money or taking a hit on PPI, so the HD+ was perfect.

The Nook Color went to my sister and if I do add something smaller than the HD+ to my stable, it will probably be a front-lit e-reader. For as many years as I've been e-reading, the Kindle PW was the first eInk display to really tempt me away from multi-purpose devices, though I'm not keen on any other aspect of the Kindle line (no epub, ad supported models, no expandable storage). The Kobo Glo might be an alternative. I wouldn't be willing to take the PPI hit on the Nook Glowlight.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote