View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I have a Dell Streak, which is 5". I feel it is the perfect size for a phone by my definition (the biggest screen size that still comfortably fits into my jeans' front pocket). The Note has almost exactly the same dimensions, it is just a tad wide and a little bit shorter.

I don't feel awkward making calls without a headset, and that "one-handed operation" is a red herring. One-handed works fine for calls, and for almost everything else you hold the phone in landscape mode with one hand.

It is fine for reading in portrait (though I much prefer e-ink), good for quick browsing, as a music player, etc. Once you are used to a big screen, it is hard to go back to 5". But for now 5"+ is the perfect device on the go (until they develop devices with roll-up or foldable screens that could easily double the size).

So as a phone that is the best all-in-one on the market right now? Yes. As a tablet substitute? Not for me.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote