View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG View Post
Can we print from fire. How?

There is a program a called PrinterShare that will print to wireless, bluetooth, remote, and cloud printers from other Android tablets. This is an excellent App. I have it installed on 3 other tablets and it works nicely. I even downloaded it a while back as a Free App of the Day from Amazon. However, the Amazon App Store says it's not compatible with the Fire. I have my doubts about this because the App Store is reporting a lot of Apps as not compatible with the Fire when indeed they are. Opera Mini browser is one example. I'll download the trial version which allows you to print a test page and see what happens.

Here's the link if you want to try it for FREE:

http://107.22.220.113/download-android.sdf

You can download Apps for the Kindle Fire outside of the Amazon Store. To install Apps outside of the Amazon Store you have to set it up on your Fire. Touch Quick Settings, More, Device, and enable Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.

When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

UPDATE: I downloaded the trial version and WAS able to print a test page from the Kindle Fire to my HP J6480 connected to my wireless home network. So it does work. You can purchase it directly from the developer using a PayPal account. The App runs around $12.95, however if you do a lot of printing this is a premium App you will definitely want to have.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote