View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickey View Post
@manichean
What you say may be true but for publication epubcheck is the took used to verify files uploaded - used by publishers. If this snippet of code is useless it shouldn't be created. But that is something I guess I can test by loading and saving in Sigil without changing anything and then trying it in the ereader. Then I'll know if Calibre and Sigil are doing the right thing and if that snippet is something needed.I'll get back to you.

jmickey
IMHO flightcrew is fussier than epubcheck.
Both of these tools will pass pure garbage content as long as you wrap them in the proper tag
epubcheck has Known issues (incorrectly flags things as errors and ignores others).

If these companies don't know that by now and accept your book after reviewing the mis-identified errors or getting a second opinion via Flightcrew, then finding another Publisher should be at the top of your list

As for certain devices failing to read your output. That may be a Device problem., not yours
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote