View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #72
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleydelavane View Post
Agreed! $250 would be an amazing price for an iPad identical screen in itself. But it is actually better than the iPad screen 169 ppi to the iPad's 132 ppi. That is almost 30 per cent better resolution. It is lighter than the ipad and a lot more portable. Has an antiglare coating built in. Makes it a perfect backlit eReader and I have actually been lucky enough to play with one for a few minutes. If anyone can find an Android Tablet for a similar price point that has the speed, screen resolution and portability of the Nook Color, 8 hours of battery life under the same conditions, backed by a prestigious company, that stands by their products, with no data plan......well I would be very surprised indeed.....
Lucky you! I do love reading long reviews on gadget sites (I'm a reader at heart, no matter the source material, what can I say), but I really look forward to "real life" opinions from regular consumers.

Can you give us a little more info on how the Nook Color felt in your hands? Was it heavy? Sturdy? Plasticy? Can you imagine lying in bed and casually reading a magazine on it?

I've pretty much decided that it will be the perfect companion to my O.G. Nook and my netbook, but I just want to play with it first.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote