View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #70
ashleydelavane
ashleydelavane began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nook original, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I don't think you actually read my post. The only thing I was comparing was THE SCREEN. And, I don't know what you mean by "and then you go to compare plethora of tablets but nook color is not among them." The plethora of tablets that I listed all have inferior screens to the nook color (and yes, I am going by the specs and the videos of the nook color vs. my experience with the others).

As far as the ipad goes, it is absolutely a better tablet. However, the ipad is $500 and the nook color is $250. Also, the Samsung Galaxy pad is even more expensive than the ipad.

I really don't care if you agree with me or not (although I could do without your nasty response to my post). However, don't attack what I wrote unless you attack the point that I was actually making.

By the way, my point was that I (and others who are posting here) believe that $250 is a great price for such a nice screen, which to me is the most important component on the device (name another $250 tablet with a screen that is as good or better). Also, why are you criticizing people for pre-ordering? We are not stupid, and realize that we can only go by specs now since we can't hold the device yet. And, if I don't like the device after I get it, I'll return it. Unless B&N made up the screen specs, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting. Also, isn't it logical to assume that those who own the original nook and feel that it is high quality device might have faith in B&N's ability to do the same with the nook color?
Agreed! $250 would be an amazing price for an iPad identical screen in itself. But it is actually better than the iPad screen 169 ppi to the iPad's 132 ppi. That is almost 30 per cent better resolution. It is lighter than the ipad and a lot more portable. Has an antiglare coating built in. Makes it a perfect backlit eReader and I have actually been lucky enough to play with one for a few minutes. If anyone can find an Android Tablet for a similar price point that has the speed, screen resolution and portability of the Nook Color, 8 hours of battery life under the same conditions, backed by a prestigious company, that stands by their products, with no data plan......well I would be very surprised indeed.....
ashleydelavane is offline   Reply With Quote