View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #65
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I really don't care if you agree with me or not (although I could do without your nasty response to my post). However, don't attack what I wrote unless you attack the point that I was actually making.
I didnt mean to be nasty and i didnt mean to attack anyone and I dont think i did. I'm just trying to be rational: the point is people are writing good reviews and praises to nook color and nobody has actually held it in their hand. Vividscreen technology or whatever it's called means absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
By the way, my point was that I (and others who are posting here) believe that $250 is a great price for such a nice screen, which to me is the most important component on the device (name another $250 tablet with a screen that is as good or better). Also, why are you criticizing people for pre-ordering? We are not stupid, and realize that we can only go by specs now since we can't hold the device yet. And, if I don't like the device after I get it, I'll return it. Unless B&N made up the screen specs, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting. Also, isn't it logical to assume that those who own the original nook and feel that it is high quality device might have faith in B&N's ability to do the same with the nook color?
where am I criticizing people for pre-ordering???? I dont think you're understanding or haven't read what I wrote.

The reason i decided to chime in on this discussion is that a lot of people are giving nook colors reviews about how high end components are there, what a good screen it has while in fact they simple dont know that for sure. nobody here (with exception of few who went to union square store premiere) has even held it in their hand to be able to say that. And now others looking for reviews are looking at those posts thinking 'wow people are really happy with the device' while the fact is people are only hyped up on the device description on b&n site and youtube videos which all look photoshoped. I was hoping to bring balance to the review craze for benefit of people looking for objective reviews. again it may be a great device, but right now nobody can say for sure. b&n didnt even bother to put 10-20 live devices in their stores so people can take a look at it live.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote