View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #1261
Davinia
Davinia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, Sony ereader, Pocketbook 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpuncher View Post
I would like to see more sorting and searching options.
Here are some suggestions:

For the Library menu:

- Add a Authors item that leads to a list of all the authors on the device.
- Add a Series item that leads to a list of all the book series on the device.

For the suggested Author menu:

- Selecting an author would lead to a list of titles by that author, but the first items on the list would be:
+ Series by author leading to a list of series by that author, which in turn lead to a list of books within that series
+ Shelves containing books by author leading to a list of shelves, which in turn lead to a list of books within that shelf. Maybe with an option to show just the books for that author or show everything on the shelf.
- A way to only show books that don't belong to a series might be to have another item called something like Standalone books or a toggle to show/not show books belonging to series in the list.
Exacly what I wanted to suggest, only better formulated. I would just like to add that the books within a series should ideally be set in reading order (if you numbered them in Calibre).

I've had a couple of readers now and while I love my new Kobo glo, I still miss some of my Pocketbook features (yeah, I missed them in the Sony too). Pocketbook let you make your own structure, just the way you liked it, just by utilising explorer.
I've since gotten used to working with Calibre for my Sony and now my Kobo (Thank you (bigtime) David for the shelves-mod!).

I switched to Kobo purely for the nifty screen ilumination, but was sorely disappointed by the library options and desktop software by Kobo. It's nice that I can now sort (somewhat) my books with Calibre and de Shelves-Mod (by David). But that should really be standard.
Davinia is offline   Reply With Quote