View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #101
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Have you tried without the "PDF zum Bucheintrag hinzufügen" option? (I don't use this option, so it is less tested, even in Linux.)

Quote:
I understand that the plugin defaults to small pages (for reading in an ebook reader) but why epubor converting the pagesize correct from epub to pdf? For me that's the same situation.
What do you mean? It seems to me your epubor results have an A4-like size (margins/font size relative to page). You can get something similar with Prince and this plugin if you change the defaults under @page.

If the book has, for example, some hard-coded font or picture sizes such that some element takes 15 cm, it will fit a 21 cm wide page with 2 cm margins, but it won't fit a 9 cm wide page with 2 mm margins. If the book is coded in such a way that this element cannot scale or reflow... well, it's the book's fault. The other difference I saw in your example is that one version has an "Overview" where the other has the TOC, this could be due to epubor ignoring nonlinear elements, or adding something of its own, or some other tricks. If you can share an ePub file and specify what you would like to get, I may be able to devise a style file for conversion.

Last edited by Jellby; 06-08-2018 at 02:50 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote