View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Charles, a big thanks to you, Steve and Annie for the new release and having an open mind toward user requests and concerns. I like the new centering a lot.

But like Dr. Ohh, I have some comments that appear very tiny. So far, the only difference I can see between those comment sections and the ones that appear normally is the specification of a font size -- in my case, 12 px -- that appear in the tiny comments. Most of my comment sections have no font size specified. I copied the opening tags from such a comment section. Here it is:

<div><p style="text-align: center;"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'MS Dialog', sans-serif"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px;"><i><b>

I have no idea where the font sizes come from. In my case I get the book information from a variety of sources -- through the "download metadata" button in Calibre; copying and pasting from the Amazon.com site; and sometimes copying and pasting from other web sites such as the book publisher's site or Wikipedia. Sometimes I'll even use the "download metadata" button but instead of having the information automatically inserted, I'll copy and paste from those results so as to preserve other pre-filled fields.

When I paste copy into Calibre, I usually don't choose to "match style" because then you lose the italics and bold emphasis. So maybe that's where the font sizes are coming from???

Is it possible for CC to ignore font size specifications in the comments section but still respect things like centering?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote