View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #79
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinxer View Post
My Kindle Touch bricked. Thanks to geekmaster and yifanlu, I'm able to boot into fastboot. I have compiled fastboot on my ArchLinux x64. It seems to be working well. It can recognize my Kindle Touch and do flash. However, when I try to do
Code:
./fastboot flash system mmcblk0p1.img
, it takes only 4 seconds to download and 8 seconds to flash, which is not possible to the 350MB image. As a result, the main partition is broken and not bootable.

However,
Code:
./fastboot erase system
takes half a minute, which is normal.

Could anyone tell me the right procedure to recover the main partition(mmcblk0p1) in fastboot?

Thanks!
I successfully reflashed my K4NT and it worked, using the same command that you showed above. I did not erase it first. Flash does not need erasing like EEROMs do. USB is very fast (up to about 40MB/second, depending on your computer speed), but it still took quite awhile to flash mmcblk0p1. If yours quit in 4 seconds something is wrong. Was that on a Touch?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote