View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #90
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
Well, I finally got motivated enough to check the calibre command-line options, and yes it has one for fetching metadata.

That particular ebook, was a free epub I got from Kobo, and it had no ISBN listed and no DESCRIPTION. Both lots of data were returned using the command-line above.

So it seems I can add that easily enough to my Metadata Editor program. Shame I hadn't thought to check before.
I have now done so, and below are some screenshots for the interested. I added two FETCH buttons.
Order of usage is as follows.
You drag & drop the metadata.opf file onto the small floating dropbox at top right (first screenshot).
The 'Metadata Editor' window (lower center) then opens and displays the relevant content.
Click the FETCH metadata button and the 'Metadata Download' window opens after fetching the metadata from the web, and displays relevant content. Clicking on ADD or REPLACE buttons updates the same fields on the 'Metadata Editor' window.
Click the FETCH cover button and the 'Compare Cover Images' window (second screenshot) opens after fetching the cover from the web.

I now have the basis for adding that same ability to my listing program for Synopsis (Blurb, etc) that I mentioned earlier in this topic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fetched.png
Views:	217
Size:	825.3 KB
ID:	171505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fetchcover.png
Views:	133
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	171506  

Last edited by Timboli; 05-19-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote