View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 04:12 AM   #12
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Please also be aware that there are other problems with having calibre on a NAS with a Linux filesystem and accessing the database/books from a windows computer.

One problem that I have personal experience from is different case sensitivity. That means that as you update metadata for books, and the formats are updated on disk, they may become duplicated or lost. And orphan books and folder without entries in the database may appear. Errors seemingly appear randomly over a very long time.

Use the NAS as backup media. Or treat the calibre library on the NAS as read only. Or use the same type of filesystem on both NAS and PC. I use linux on my PC and have no problems with my linux based NAS.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote