View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #1097
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@smmorris: What you describe is pretty much what I found. I don't usually see this problem because I do add the book to the currently-reading shelf when I start reading a book. And I add it to other shelves at the same time.

So, the workaround for this bug in the Goodreads API is to add it to the currently-reading shelf before adding it to the read shelf. But, I really don't like the idea of doing this in the plugin. It would mean checking if the book is already on the currently-reading shelf before adding it. That's ugly.

I'll do some more experiments as I have time. Maybe I'll see another way.
There's a strange thing. It looks like the problem is that shelf/add_to_shelf, when you add it to the read shelf (I don't know if this happens only when you don't go through currently_reading), doesn't return the right review id, so when you later add the date, you're adding it to a review which is not right. I have a book that is diving me, through add_to_shelf, review_id = 2284345769, but if I get the review though get_review, I get 2284344169, the right one. Change in the API? Possibly, but I don't know.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote