View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #25
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Thank you all for your input. it has helped me with figuring out some stuff:

- needs to work with the libraries here in Europe (Adobe ePub drm) directly
- front light
- preferably under $300
- wifi
- a good case made for the device
- needs to have a stable OS

Any comments on how stable the "ePub with DRM" apps are?
Have a look at PocketBook Ultra or PocketBook sense with Kenzo cover.
Ultra has metal body [I think] and supports epubs with Adobe DRM.

I used to be a big fan of PocketBook devices, but that was before the Ultra generation.

I personally use an inexpensive reader with plastic body now, with a sturdy homemade case. I used copperclad laminate FR4, the material that printed circuit boards are made from, to build a lid of the case. I used a thin plywood with an outer layer of fiberglass laminate for the bottom part of the case.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote