View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #607
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnab69 View Post
I don't want to destroy my library so I don't want to experiment too much.
Assuming a new calibre user. Assume not ebook user. They have a number of shelves at Goodreads.

What settings/actions are needed to import the contents of their shelves. The Tags can be set according to shelf names.
Read the help file that comes with the plugin. The fundamental issue you have is that a book in calibre has to be "linked" to the matching edition in Goodreads in order to pull down any information about it. There are a variety of ways you can link a book (discussed in the help). However for the purposes of a new user (assuming they may not even have entries for the books in calibre) your best bet is to setup to Sync from those shelves from goodreads, and as part of the Sync have a rule to set a tag to match the shelf name.

There is another feature in the plugin called "Download shelves as tags", however that presupposes you have the matching books already created and linked in calibre. If instead you use the Sync feature you can do that as part of the Sync operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnab69 View Post
Another question related to the previous question.

Is there any way we could import from Recommendations, short of copying/moving all the books to a shelf?
You could try the Import List plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote