View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #53
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
But will I get one? Well, I'm not a device collector, and can't at the moment see any huge advantage
I'm not a device collector either and I see nothing in the T1 that would encourage me to replace either my 505 or 950 (especially the 950) with it. What does it offer that the 950 doesn't offer (plastic casing aside )?

Zooming by pinching is nice but I have yet to read a novel that I require the ability to zoom in and out to enjoy. I suppose one coulds say that compared to the 505/600/650 the T1 is evolutionary and a bit better (assuming that the lack of wifi vs. having wifi is a number 1 problem, which it isn't to me), but evolutionary doesn't strike me as sufficient to cast aside otherwise excellent and working devices.

No, I don't see anything to capture me and my money.

Perhaps the worst part is that because Kobo Touch and Nook Touch have "caught up" to the T1, I would look at the Nook if I needed to replace my 505 or 950 because I prefer to shop at B&N. Previously, I wouldn't have considered a Kobo or Nook because the Sony was light years ahead of either. The T1 is just one of the pack.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote