View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Andrew - could you replace that with a "proper" URL, please? People like to see where they are being sent to, rather than clicking on a disguised link that could take them to a malware site.

Thanks.
And that helps how? I can give you a link, generated by this forum's markup code, which looks like a "proper URL", but leads them to a malware site. Besides, the intent of services like bit.ly is to shorten URLs, not disguise them (although I have to agree, that especially with this forum's software there is no need for that; using the tags accessible via the toolbar above this input textbox one can create a proper link). And anyone who finds himself on a malware site and ends up getting the malware (i.e. downloading it) doesn't deserve anything different (best protection - use your brain).

Ad topic: super interesting development. Unfortunately, I don't see this coming in Germany too soon, with the Fixed Book Price Law making ebooks as expensive as normal books, and essentially impeding the development of the digital bookmarket. :-(
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote