View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #82
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
I've created a goodreads group for our book club. You do not have to join on goodreads to participate in the club here, but if anyone is on goodreads and would like to join it, please do so! Even if you only occasionally participate or usually like to lurk, you are more than welcome to join the club on goodreads if you so desire. Here's the link.

I'm not really sure of the exact purpose of extending our club to a group on goodreads and perhaps not much may happen there, but it seemed like a good idea to at least try for anyone also on that site. I foresee us continuing things normally here and I ask for any selection/nomination discussion to remain here at Mobileread, so I'm not sure what discussions might take place on the goodreads site yet, but anyone is free to start a discussion there and well see what if anything happens.

While I've been setting the group up over there, I did notice something about our recent slate of selections. Going back nine months to last June, we've had a book from a different country win every single month - June/Japan, July/Germany, August/Nigeria, September/U.K., October/Australia, November/Israel, December/Ireland, January/Italy and February will be the U.S. Its for the best though that the streak will probably end soon since its arbitrary and since those countries collectively have such a huge literary output. Some Rotating months focusing on a particular area helped as did the Region category, but nevertheless I think it speaks to our breadth of worldwide interests in this club.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote