sparkyx
sparkyx began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Ermine and Youtube Issues

Update:

The correct URL links for Ermine for both EE and PE are as follows:

EE: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/eermine...zip.ermine-0.9
PE: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9

Notice "cdn" in the URL. The PE file downloaded correctly and installed correctly... however, the splash screen now says "Entourage Edge" instead of "Pocket Edge" and I'm sure I downloaded the correct file! BTW, using Ermine also fixed the Youtube issue I mentioned below. Thanks to "mrlanrat" for posting the correct updated links.

Hi all.. I'm new to the forum and to PE. I've combed through the forum for the past two weeks looking at stuff I can do with my new PE. I'm happy to say that we have quite a few talented users here! I can't wait to try out the different apps and etc!

However, the first thing I discovered is that "Tube" for Youtube doesn't work out of the box!!! I get a message saying that the video cannot be played for ALL youtube videos. What gives??

I also want to install Ermine, but following the instructions posted didn't work for me at all. I downloaded the Ermine version for PE and followed the instructions from Entourage's website to every step. I never get to the "Updating Software" splash screen while pressing the MENU and ROTATE screen buttons. The PE just repeatedly "Initializes" until I let go of the buttons. I've tried holding the buttons for "10 seconds" and even for "5 minutes", but nothing seems to work. And yes, I do have the file renamed to "update.zip" and it is at the root of my USB stick. I'm fairly technical (ex developer), but can't seem to figure out what I'm not doing correctly. I don't get any error messages either.

Anyone with this similar experience can help? Thanks guys/gals!

My PE is currently at:
Model #: edgejr
Firmware: 1.6
Kernel: 2.6.29, buildmaster@zeke #17
Build #: DINGO-1.13

Sparkyx

Last edited by sparkyx; 06-21-2011 at 12:33 PM.
sparkyx is offline   Reply With Quote