View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #41
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i don't get it (except for the e-ink display).

any phone, smart or otherwise, can be used as a "light phone". if all you are interested in is the basics then just don't use the other features. iphone and android alike, you do not need to sign in to apple or google. during the setup, you can opt NOT to sign into anything. the marketing for this phone and other phones like this blames the smart phone for complicating your life and offers this type of phone as a solution. are we humans so sad that not using facebook or instagram is not a choice we can make even if it's dangling in front of us?

my 80 year old mom doesn't use any smart phone features at all...and not even sms that's available on a "feature phone". to her a phone is just used to make phone calls. so what i did for her is to remove all app shortcuts from the home screen except the phone app...a smart phone dumbed down.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote