View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflybook View Post
do i have an old version of fbreader, is there a newer one that is reliable?
There are three version for the iLiad. Do an advance search of all the iLiad forums for threads with FBReader in the title.

You are using 0.8.4 which is old but works well enough for most purposes. This is the one I use.

The 0.8.14 version does not have icons, so you use it like "native" iLiad apps (bind it to ebook types and click on an ebook to invoke FBReader). I found this too limiting, but 0.8.14 does have ePub support and there are threads showing how to customize this version.

The latest version is 0.10.2 (bug-fixed 0.10.0, and the FBReader site has 0.10.3 for Linux desktops). There isn't currently a well tested installer for this version, which should in principle retain the best features of 0.8.4 and 0.8.14 on the iLiad.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote