View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #58
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by macminer View Post
I also voted "other" because this depends on many factors.

1. Availability. If the ebook is instantly available whereas I would have to wait long for the p-book (assuming I really want or need to read it now), the price difference is not the main factor.

2. Use. I simply do not want to collect p-books any more. I might need some paper reference books, paper albums, but not really paper fiction. So here also price is not the main factor.

3. If there's a book I might consider as useful in the paper form and the ebook is more expensive, I'll obviously buy a p-book.
Are you saying that if you were nominally going to get the ebook, but happen to see the paper book is cheaper, and the paper format would suit you, then you'd go for the paper book (option 1) but if you decidedly only wanted the ebook, say for instant access, then you would not consider the price of paper at all (option 3)?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote