View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #49
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
I voted "Other" because it depends on the type of the book.

If it's a fiction book, I'll buy it as an ebook, buy it as a paperback, borrow it from the library, buy it from the 2nd-hand charity shop, borrow it from a friend.

If it's a book of sheet music, I'll only buy it as a paper book.

If it's a computer textbook, I'll only buy it as an ebook, for the ease of having access to my entire library anywhere I am, plus the ability to highlight.

Cookery book? I'd only buy paperback.

And if it's an ebook, I'll only buy it when it gets below my price point (£5 for fiction); no need to pay more when I know that at some point, the book will come down in price and there's plenty of other good books to read.

But if it's a computer textbook which I need *right now* for work, then I'll spend up to £50 if I have to.
I'm starting to think I shouldn't have included the "other" option.
As the first post says:
"Assume we're talking about a book that you are interested in buying, and if there was no paper edition to compare to, you would indeed be buying the ebook at the offered price."
For all those situations you list above where you would be buying an ebook, where do you stand on the matter of comparing the price and value to the paper copy?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote