govindap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite Gen8
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Search this forum for the text:
battery invalid
and/or
error code 22

Also search for information on resetting the "repair needed" counter.
I did try as many of the things mentioned in the other threads, but I will do it once again and respond here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Tell me your reasoning behind why you do not think a heavily used device, that is over three years old, one that probably has a history of being run down past the warning screen level, does not have a bad battery as the messages says?
(It is unlikely that the single incident that you report is the only time in three years that it was run down, beyond the warning level.)
It was working fine just until last week. No serious battery issues, no charging problems. Nil. Me = perfectly happy
Can a single critical battery depletion render the device unusable? If I had known so, I would have paid extra caution while using the device.

Also, I'm pretty paranoid about my lithium batteries () and try not to have them drop below 30% in any case.
I am pretty sure my Kindle has not been run down to critical battery levels on more than three occasions (maybe its the availability bias, but I did take care of the battery).
govindap is offline   Reply With Quote